THE BLOGGER BULLETIN .COM



Tuesday, January 10, 2012

YOU KNOW ME, AL (FRANKEN)


THANKS FOR THE (NON-) MONETARY MEMORIES:
Al, it's just that I don't want to cheapen our close relationship.

Got another classic email from Senator Al Franken today, and of course just couldn't wait to share it with you. My email reply to him is fittingly located right below his email.

I tell ya, folks, I can really see this guy as running for President - and winning - in the near future!


>>>>>

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 9:51 AM, Al Franken wrote:


Al Franken - U.S. Senator, Minnesota

Dear Ed,

I’m writing to thank everyone who helped keep our grassroots organization strong in 2011.

If you’re a longtime TeamFranken supporter who continued standing with us in 2011: THANK YOU!

If you made your first contribution in 2011: THANK YOU!

If your name is Ted: THANK YOU, TED!

If you could only afford a small gift: THANK YOU!

If you could afford a large gift, but only gave a small one: THANK YOU ANYWAY!

If you forgot to give but really meant to and totally would have except you got distracted at the last minute and now you feel awful: THANK YOU, I GUESS -- AND PLEASE CLICK HERE TO GIVE NOW AND ALLEVIATE YOUR GUILT!

If you recruited friends to give: THANK YOU (AND THEM)!

If you skipped your morning coffee for a week in order to make a contribution: THANK YOU, AND I HOPE YOU DIDN’T SCREW UP ANY IMPORTANT WORK DEADLINES!

If you gave because you’re married to me: THANKS, FRANNI -- I LOVE YOU!

I’m pretty sure that covers everybody.

THANK YOU ALL,

Al

P.S.: If you contributed because you love our tradition of including an extra “ask” in the P.S. of every email: THAT’S KIND OF WEIRD -- BUT THANK YOU, AND WON’T YOU PLEASE CLICK HERE TO MAKE AN ADDITIONAL CONTRIBUTION NOW?

>>>>>>

And here's my reply to my pal Al:

>>>>>>

On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 9:55 AM, Ed Gauthier wrote:


Dear Senator Al Franken,

Don't get me wrong - while I fully support you in spirit, I cannot do so financially, due to my strict avoidance of creating a paper trail that Big Brother and the NDAA could too easily follow back to me, Ed Gauthier.

I enjoy your emails very much, and several of them (with related photos) have even shown up on the semi-popular news website known as blogweirdo.com, owned and edited by me, Ed Gauthier.

So here's wishing you only the best in your fine political endeavors, and hoping that you'll count on me advertising and rooting online for a major victory in your next term, even though you might no doubt be cursing certain folks as being "cheap bastards," including me, Ed Gauthier.

Sincerely,

Ed Gauthier
Editor, www.blogweirdo.com
Webcomics Cartoonist, www.mredweirdo.com