THE BLOGGER BULLETIN .COM



Saturday, April 6, 2013

BABBLIN' 'BOUT BUCKS


This one's a newer thing, from this year.
(Kind of an observation on a half decade of financial fibs
by the puffed-up powers that shouldn't be.)
WRITTEN AND DIRECTED BY ED GAUTHIER


By Ed Gauthier

INCLUDING THE ORIGINAL SIZZLING SCRIPT!

BABBLIN' 'BOUT BUCKS

(At the ad agency, Don Reynolds gets Ed to discuss dough.)

DON: Hey, Ed. It's been a few years since 2008, but the economy hasn't shown any big recovery yet. Aren't you worried?


ED: Not at all, Don. The fewer raises I get, the less money I waste on stupid things I don't really need.


DON: But what about basic stuff, like food? Now they even put less of it in each package. 


ED: Fine. Then I won't be spending any more money, and I'll be eating less. So I'll be healthier. Anyway, most people could stand to lose a couple pounds.


DON: I guess that's true. But I just thought you'd be more concerned about the whole financial picture. I'm always hearing on the news about how the fat cats still keep losing tons of money.


ED: Hey, that's the fat cats. Not us skinny cats. If they can't handle gambling gazillions of debt dollars, that's their problem, not ours.


DON: So you're saying we should actually try not to ever become millionaires? 


ED: Exactly! If a crooked bankster is looking to rob someone yet again, who's he gonna rob? The rich guy in the crowd!


DON: Good point! I feel much better now.


ED: Yes. Sometimes it actually pays to chill out from the rat race a little bit.


DON: But naturally we won't be chucking our jobs and heading down to the soup kitchen or anything like that.


ED: No, of course not. Sometimes I might sound stupid, but I ain't crazy!